We are pleased to announce Edinburgh's Caledonian Brewery as the first of many featured breweries after the August festival. Beginning from October the 14th and running until the 21st, we will have a delicious range of beers from the Caledonian Brewery which will climax with a fantastic beer and food pairing event on Thursday the 20th of October.
This event will begin with a welcome drink on arrival which will then be followed by a five course menu, specially created by our very own chef to match perfectly with each beer. To host such an event we will be joined by one of the head brewers from Caledonian Brewery to share their wisdom and explain a little about each beer and answer, as best they can, any questions about the beers or the brewery itself.
As a taste of what's to come, here's the menu;
- Spiced crab cakes, pickled cucumber, wasabi dressing
- Grilled Scottish Salmon, mussel and potato broth
- Malaysian chicken curry, coconut rice and crispy basil.
- Braised venison haunch, roasted celeriac, parsnip crisp
- Dark chocolate and bramble gateua, salted caramel sauce
Tickets are £30 each and are available from the bar or from Eventbrite
If you enjoy great food, excellent beer and would like a relaxed night out then please do not hesitate to join us here at the Gait!